2011 has been declared the “International Year of Chemistry by the United Nations with the theme “ Chemistry - Our Life, Our Future”. To celebrate this auspicious occasion, The Chemical Society of the South Pacific together with The University of the South Pacific is organizing the “International Conference on Chemistry, Environment and Climate Change”– Focus on the Pacific from September 14th to 16th. The ultimate goal of this conference is to provide a much needed forum for scientists to promote and exchange recent advances in all disciplines of chemistry and how the ongoing deteoriation of atmospheric chemical composition has affected our environment and what preventive measures need to be taken to find sustainable solutions to protect and safeguard the threat to survival of the mankind.
Objective of this Conference
This conference aims to bring together chemists, environmentalist and climate change scientists with multi-disciplinary professional background on a common platform where they can exchange ideas and discuss the role of chemistry in relation to future challenges and how this knowledge can be effectively applied in industry, agriculture, education, environment and other diverse fields for development and prosperity in human life. Potential young minds will be enthused and inspired to pursue research in Chemistry, environment and climate change sciences.
Abstracts are welcomed in the areas of;
• Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis
• Analytical and Environmental Chemistry
• Food Chemistry and Security
• Environmental Pollution and Management
• Chemical and Toxic Waste Management
• Conservation, Bio-diversity, Green Chemistry
• Natural Products Chemistry
• Polymer Chemistry (natural/synthetic)
• Chemical Education and sustainable Development
• Medicinal Chemistry and its contribution to human health
• Chemistry-Climate Interactions and Climate Change Adaptation/Mitigation
• Inter disciplinary approaches to the concept of research in chemistry, environment and climate change.